Disclaimer

The views expressed by me on this blog are mine alone at the time of posting and do not necessarily reflect the views of any organization with which I am associated.

Monday, February 06, 2012

The Economy in the 2012 Election

I made a presentation to the Dartmouth Club of the Upper Valley on Saturday morning, "The Economy in the 2012 Elections."  In addition to many of the themes I have blogged in recent years, I made the point that the recent dip of the Initial Unemployment Insurance claims below 400,000, if it is sustained, signals the beginning of a robust job market expansion.  I also suggested that the failure of policy makers to recognize how important investment is to the beginnings and ends of business cycles is one of the reasons why we have been stuck in a lackluster economy for longer than we needed to be.  The slides are included below. Samwick DCUV 20120204

No comments: