Disclaimer

The views expressed by me on this blog are mine alone at the time of posting and do not necessarily reflect the views of any organization with which I am associated.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Blogging at the Speed of Mud

I'll confess that I haven't blogged in a while because I liked the title of my last post, and I wanted to leave it at the top of the blog for a while. There were several thoughtful comments, and I like the sympathetic arguments from a fellow professor, Mark Thoma, of the new smash hit Economist's View and a fellow by the name of Mister Naxal in Texas, who offers a cautionary note on reform, with which I largely agree.

Elsewhere, I rediscover the maxim that if you think you have something interesting to blog about economics or academia, Arnold Kling has probably gotten there first. He picked up the thread in his post on Academic Self-Selection and refers us to two excellent pieces of his at Tech Central Station, one on the workings of the university and the other on Larry Summers as Martin Luther in reforming these institutions (a fantastic analogy).

Other blogs commenting on this post

No comments: